Rhinebeck BOE Adopts 2014-15 Goals for the School District
At their Regular meeting on Tuesday, August 19, 2014, the Rhinebeck Central School District Board of Education adopted 2014-15 Goals for the school district, as follows:
The Board of Education supports continued efforts to increase, improve, and promote opportunities for regular, meaningful, and respectful communication among members of the Rhinebeck school community, particularly between parents and teachers, in order to improve student engagement, achievement, and success.
2. Comprehensive Educational Planning
The Board of Education supports a multi-year effort to engage District stakeholders in a restructured comprehensive education planning process:
· that is driven by the District’s mission, vision, and core values;
· that is focused on educational improvement through substantive and meaningful engagement with data; and
· that considers existing and anticipated curriculum, instruction, and facilities needs, financial constraints, and enrollment trends.
3. Celebration of Educational Progress
The Board of Education supports efforts to publicly acknowledge and celebrate the achievements of students and staff as indicators of the District’s past, current, and future progress toward educational success.
4. Food Service
The Board of Education supports the development, implementation, and assessment of a sustainable plan to restructure and manage the District’s food service program in order to increase the nutritional value of program offerings while improving the program’s financial viability.