Fall 2016 Interscholastic Athletic Information for BMS 7th & 8th Graders Now Available; Online Digital Submittal of Athletic Forms Now Available
The Fall athletic season for all Modified sports will begin on or about the first day of school Wednesday, September 7. Students will receive more information regarding tryouts at the start of the school year.
7th and 8th graders planning to try out for a Varsity or Junior Varsity sport, please contact the BMS Office at 871-5500 ext. 5552 and leave the athlete’s name. Further information will be sent regarding the New York State mandated Athletic Placement Process required to be completed prior to seventh and eighth grade students participating at the high school level. Please be aware that the Fall athletic season for all Varsity and Junior Varsity sports will begin on Monday, August 15.
We also are excited to announce that we have partnered with FamilyID to simplify the collection of our Athletic Forms (Participation Form, Physical Form, and Interim Health History Form). FamilyID is a secure, online registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to submit the required paperwork for our programs, and helps us to be more efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs. Information on the registration process for FamilyID is enclosed. To assist in this process, there will be access to computers at the school on Monday, August 8th and Monday, August 15th from 8:00 AM until 11:00 AM.
The school physician will be at Rhinebeck High School on August 8th from 9:00 a.m.—11:00 a.m. and August 15th from 9:00 a.m.—11:00 a.m. Students will be examined on a first come, first served basis. As you know, all student athletes must have a current physical on file in order to participate. If you are having your family doctor perform the physical examination, please print a copy of the district's Physical Form from the Athletic website and then submit a copy to the Main Office, or upload it with your online registration before students begin the tryout process.
If you would prefer not to use online registration through FamilyID, please submit the required athletic forms (Sports Participation Form and Interim Health History Form) to the Main Office by September 7th. These forms are available on our athletics website: http://www.rhinebeckcsd.org/pagecontent.php?id=14
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. John Kemnitzer, Bulkeley Middle School principal or Mr. Stephen Boucher, Athletic Director.
FAMILY ID ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS:
A parent/guardian should register by following this link:
Follow these steps:
To find your program, enter the web address above and select the registration form under the word Programs.
- Next, click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you in to FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer. Please note that there are no costs associated with registering.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green Submit button. After selecting ‘Submit’, the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
At any time, you may log in at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s). To view a completed registration, select the 'Registration' tab on the blue bar.
If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-800-5583 x1.
Support is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly.